Grant Allen 33 books- PDF collection
Charles Grant Blairfindie Allen (February 24, 1848 – October 25, 1899) was a Canadian science writer and novelist, educated in England.
Grant Allen died of liver cancer at his home on Hindhead, Haslemere, Surrey, England, on October 25, 1899. He died before finishing Hilda Wade. The novel's final episode, which he dictated to his friend, doctor, and neighbour Sir Arthur Conan Doyle from his bed, appeared under the appropriate title, "The Episode of the Dead Man Who Spoke" in the Strand Magazine in 1900.
Some Quotes by the author:
What a misfortune it is that we should thus be compelled to let our boy's schooling interfere with their education! - Grant Allen
What we each fall in love with individually is, I believe, our moral, mental, and physical complement. Not our like, not our counterpart; quite the contrary; within healthy limits, our unlike and our opposite. - Grant Allen
They were savages, yet they were ghosts. The two most terrible and dreaded foes of civilised experience seemed combined at once in them.― Grant Allen
Scientist, Novelist and anthropologist.
Contents of the collection
- African millionaire episodes in the life of the Illustrious Colonel Clay
- Anglo-Saxon Britain.
- At market value; a novel
- Belgium; its cities.
- Charles Darwin
- Common sense science
- County and town in England, together with some annals of Churnside
- Evolution in Italian art
- Falling in love with other essays on more exact branches of science
- Flashlights on nature.
- Florence (GUIDE).
- Flowers and their pedigrees.
- Force and energy. A theory of dynamics
- Michael's Crag.
- Paris GUIDE
- Strange stories
- The Attis
- The British barbarians; a hill-top novel.
- The colour-sense its origin and development an essay in comparative psychology
- The devil's die
- The evolution of the idea of God; an inquiry into the origins of religions
- The great taboo
- The hand of God; and other posthumous essays
- The incidental bishop, a novel
- The jaws of death; a novel.
- The plants with many illustrations VOLUME 1
- The scallywag NOVEL
- The type-writer girl
- The white man's foot
- The woman who did.
- This mortal coil; novel.
- Venice; Grant Allen's historical guide books.
- What's bred in the bone