H. G. Wells Complete collection
|H. G. Wells Complete collection|
Herbert George Wells was an English writer. Prolific in many genres, he wrote dozens of novels, short stories, and works of social commentary, history, satire, biography, and autobiography. His work also included two books on recreational war games.
Wells predicted many things.
Wells predicted a Second World War breaking out with a European conflagration from the flashpoint of a violent clash between Germans and Poles at Danzig. Wells set its date as of January 1940, quite close to the actual date of September 1939.
A futurist, he wrote a number of utopian works and foresaw the advent of aircraft, tanks, space travel, nuclear weapons, satellite television, and something resembling the World Wide Web. His science fiction imagined time travel, alien invasion, invisibility, and biological engineering.
Most of his work turned into movies
In any appraisal the 20th century, H.G. Wells must be considered among its very most important and influential thinkers and authors. Evidence of his influence can be found in Hollywood to this day in recent films such as "The Island of Dr Moreau," the Dreamworks version of "The Time Machine;" and also the unspoken but obvious (and rather clumsy) copying of his original ideas and themes in films like "Independence Day" and "Hollow Man."
This is a collection of the best books of H. G. Wells in PDF format all books are in the public domain collected from Archive.org .
- A modern Utopia
- Ann Veronica a modern love story
- Anticipations of the reaction of mechanical and scientific progress upon human life and thought
- Boon, the mind of the race, the wild asses of the devil, and the last trump
- Certain personal matters. A collection of material, mainly autobiographical
- First and last things are a confession of faith and a rule of life.
- George Meek, bath chair-man, by himself;
- God, the invisible king
- Little wars a game for boys from twelve years of age
- Love and Mr Lewisham; the story of a very young couple
- Mankind in the making
- Men like gods
- Mr Britling sees it through
- New worlds for old
- Russia in the shadows
- Social forces in England and America
- Tales of space and time
- Tales of the unexpected.
- Text-book of biology
- The country of the blind, and other stories
- The discovery of the future.
- The dream a novel
- The first men in the moon.
- The food of the gods and how it came to earth
- The future in America; a search after realities
- The history of Mr Polly.
- The idea of a league of nations.
- The island of Doctor Moreau; a possibility.
- The new Machiavelli
- The Plattner Story, and others
- The salvaging of civilization is the probable future of mankind.
- The sea lady a tissue of moonshine
- The secret places of the heart
- The soul of a bishop. Front. by C. Allan Gilbert
- The time machine; an invention.
- The undying fire; a contemporary novel.
- The war of the worlds.pdf
- The wheels of chance, a holiday adventure.
- The wife of Sir Isaac Harman.
- The world set free a story of mankind.
- The world, its debts, and rich men. A speech.
- Underground man
- Washington and the riddle of peace.
- When the sleeper wakes.
H. G. Wells Complete Work 45 PDF books
Download Zip file 422 MB.